Search Blog:

Back at it!

I have just returned to Inmagic from a brief maternity leave, and wanted to reintroduce myself. I'm Carolyn MacNeill, and I am with the marketing/PR group at Inmagic.

As I get back in the game, I'm reminded of when I recently took my three-year-old to an amusement park for the first time. Needing a little adrenaline rush after too many rides on the kiddie-carousel, I tried the roller coaster.

You know when you start out on a rollercoaster and you slowly creep to the top, and for a brief moment, you can see for miles? Then you take a deep breath and hold on for the ride. It’s kinda like being at Inmagic.

Since acquiring funding from Edison Venture Fund about a year ago, which is when I started at the company, Inmagic has absolutely taken off. In the time that I was away, I am amazed and impressed at the changes that have occurred across the company -- one of my favorites being the Fenway Park scoreboard in the kitchen area!

Inmagic has been a solid organization for more than 20 years with more than 5,000 customer organizations worldwide. But in one year, the company has made leaps and bounds, honing in the strategy of the company, expanding the product capabilities, and raising the bar on quality service to customers.

Knowledge management is something so broad that it touches almost every person, in every department, of every industry. Social media has been developing in parallel, and only recently has started to become mainstream across many organizations.

We are at a time where social media and content management are converging to reshape how we look at enterprise search, access, and discovery, and ultimately how we operate as individual business professionals.

So on that note, I’m excited to rejoin the Inmagic team, and be a part of the social knowledge management transformation that is occurring. I hope to help get the word out on the street about all the good things that are happening here, and how they translate into better business for customers.

And the good thing about riding this wave with Inmagic is that I get all the excitement of a rollercoaster ride without fear of the guy in front of me tossing his cookies.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...