Search Blog:

Librarians in all their glory

2009 might be a great year for librarians, as Marty Nemko writes in this U.S. News and World Report article. Quite the comment storm has erupted, and I joined the fray.

The increased innovation of knowledgebases, digital records, and social information is requiring librarians to become "high-tech information sleuths," as Marty puts it.

From my public library experience, I think this segues nicely into librarians' skill sets and aptitude. Librarians are naturally curious individuals, skilled in search and discovery tools and strategies. I think this will lead many librarians to embrace the new era of social libraries.

For more of my thoughts, check out my comment on the article.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...