Search Blog:

Gulf oil spill teaches us an ECM lesson

If your knowledge repository is like most organizations', good data lies within a pool of bad data. I thought Carl Frappaolo drew a great analogy about this on his blog recently, comparing it to the Gulf oil spill and how "BP is using a form of ECM and Web 2.0 to control public opinion." I encourage you to hit his post to catch his explanation.

In my opinion, which I left in the comments, I think this spans two issues. There's the "garbage in garbage out" problem, which relates to content authentication. And then there's the need for a regular "weeding" strategy as content ages, loses relevance, or is supplanted by newer content. I'll refer you to my comment for my full feedback. Just scroll down to the bottom of Carl's post.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...