Search Blog:

'Twas the Night Before Christmas: The Info Pro Version

Every year, we send out holidays cards. This time around, something in me sparked some extra creativity (or silliness. You be the judge!). I wrote a poem inspired by the old classic, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the cloud,
There was not a tweet posted, no one was "working out loud."
The software was purchased and implemented with care,
In hopes that social technologies would make us all share.

The project teams stopped scrambling and scratching their heads,
They found the information they needed, then dragged their tired a$$es to bed.
With sales off the phones and finance done with their stats,
Everyone had just settled in, for a long online chat.

Then what did appear on the flat screen before me?
A Social Knowledge Network, and an online community.
I searched the new content and found experts like a flash,
I collaborated, and rated, and added value to my "favorites" stash.

Now, HR! Now, product development! Now, sales and marketing!
On, end users! On, management! On, CXOs in the executive wing!
From top-down vetted content, to bottom-up socialization,
Collaborate! Communicate! Share your knowledge creation!

I sprang to my office, to give my team a whistle,
And we become more productive. You could hear our ideas sizzle.
I heard our CEO exclaim, "You guys are dy-no-mite!"
Social Knowledge Networks for all, and to all a good night!"
But we couldn't stop there. We turned it into a book -- well, an e-book, that is!
But here's the icing on the cake. We coerced our CTO, Phil Green, to wear a Santa hat and recite it on video.

Hope it sparks a smile -- or laugh! (Come on, humor us ...) Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

1 comment:

Undercover_LBD said...

Awesome. I know what we'll be reading for a bedtime story tomorrow night. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...