Search Blog:

Managing unstructured content is not the future of knowledge management

It's been well-documented that social media has transformed knowledge management. The latest article I've come across covering this is Jonathan Reichental's recent O'Reilly Radar article. He writes, "The days of the single, authoritative voice are coming to an end. The community has prevailed."

True. And while I agree with many of the other points Jonathan makes, I have to differ on one. He says, "... the future is about managing unstructured content."

I disagree. I don't think the future is about managing unstructured content, but rather managing the interaction of vetted, curated information with new social practices. Why? Click over to the comment I left on Jonathan's article to find out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...