In particular, Presto now lets users sort browse collections, which is recently one of our biggest customer requests. You can now browse collection nodes and sort within a node by rating, date created, title, and more.
For all of the new things you can do in Presto now, take a look at our press release. For more information on Presto, hit our website. And if you have any questions, you know where to find us!
Inmagic® Presto 3.7 Streamlines Information Access and Simplifies Deployment
New features in Presto enhance the integrity and accessibility of third-party information
WOBURN, Mass.-May 11, 2011-Inmagic, Inc. today released the latest version of Inmagic® Presto, a technology built to support Social Knowledge Network applications. New functionality in Presto v3.7 streamlines connections to third-party repositories so information can be easily indexed and searched from Presto. In addition, Presto now lets users sort browse collections -- recently one of the most requested features by customers. Presto 3.7 also features improved user views and configuration for more intuitive search and organization of information, and offers out-of-the-box templates for faster deployment.
"Inmagic Presto v3.7 provides enhancements that improve the total customer experience, from deployment through daily end-user interactions," says Bob Warren, Vice President of Products at Inmagic. "Presto 3.7 was developed as a direct result of customer feedback and market need, and addresses the most common and pressing challenges we're seeing surrounding information accessibility and technical integration. These updates are a continuation of the evolution of Inmagic technology solutions."
Presto 3.7 is quick to deploy, and features an easy-to-use, flexible user interface for gaining immediate access to information. The latest Presto enhancements include:
- Connector Framework. Presto now provides a plug-and-play infrastructure to connect to third-party repositories. For example, sponsor information might reside in SharePoint. Presto can connect to SharePoint and index the information, so users can search it in Presto while it remains managed by SharePoint.
- Network Drive Connector. An out-of-the-box connector enables Presto to retrieve and index files stored on a network drive. The connector pipeline enables automated metadata extraction from hundreds of file formats, including audio (AIFF, AIF, AIFC), video (AVI, DV, Quicktime, Flash video, WMV), image (BMP, TIFF, GIF, JPG, MPEG), graphic (InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (DOC, DOT, DOCX, DOCM, PPT, PPTX), Microsoft Visio, Postscript, and HTML.
- Sort Browse Collections. Users can now browse collection nodes and sort within a node by rating, date created, title, and more. The action menu bar includes an Add To category to support copying items to another collection. The new page layout features a wider record pane, and the Filter & Add Records function is now on the action menu bar.
- Pre-built Content Types. Pre-built Content Types, complete with screens and views, now ship with Presto. They include Document, Image, Photograph, Audio, Video, Multimedia, URL, FAQ, and News. These help to speed new deployments and make it easier to modify an existing Presto application because it streamlines the information integration process.
- Section 508 compliance. Presto 3.7 contains several enhancements that support compliance with the Section 508 Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This amendment requires federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities, and defines requirements for accessibility.
- Quick Search. The Quick Search box is persistent on the menu bar, so there's no need to add Search Web Part to the Home Page. Advanced search is available through the Menu.
For more information about Presto and the Presto family of applications, including AssociatioNet, IdeaNet, KnowledgeNet, and Presto for Social Libraries, please visit www.Inmagic.com. Certified Inmagic resellers and implementation partners can be found at http://www.inmagic.com/partners/directory.html.
ABOUT INMAGIC, INC.
Inmagic® is a leader in developing and implementing Social Knowledge Networks (SKN) for enterprise organizations. For nearly 30 years, Inmagic has helped information and knowledge-driven organizations manage, access, and publish information. Today, our award winning Inmagic® Presto SKN application helps business users access and search relevant content and community insight across enterprise silos to create an environment focused on addressing high-value business processes and objectives. Organizations across a range of industries including ACLU, City of Edmonton, Laureate Education, Maple Leaf Foods, MRA, NASA, The Lincoln Center for Performing Arts, the San Francisco Symphony and Wyeth Consumer Healthcare (now Pfizer), rely on Inmagic to improve productivity and collaboration, retain and preserve knowledge and foster greater innovation. Find out how much your organization really knows. Visit Inmagic at www.Inmagic.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, press only:
Alicia Buonanno, Gregory FCA, 610-228-2096, Alicia@GregoryFCA.com