Search Blog:

Three reasons product innovation processes fail

If your company is like most, its product innovation process goes something like this: Product managers talk to customers. They gather and log feedback. Then they analyze the competition, and develop what engineers call a "groomed backlog," a list of prioritized features that should be built into future products.

It sounds sensible, but I've found three pitfalls inherent in this approach.

The editors of CMSWire recently invited me to write an article about them, which they published last week. In it, I pinpointed three reasons why the traditional product innovation process fails, and how to fix it. I won't give the secret sauce away here. Click over to CMSWire to see my advice!

Thanks to CMSWire for publishing my article.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...